Spring time is the best time to revisit your New Years goals of getting into shape and establishing healthy habits. It is the best time because the weather is beautiful, our days are longer. We are able to get natural sunlight to boost our mood. I will give you some tips on how to establish healthy habits during the warmer seasons.
1. Hydrate- I cannot stress the importance of of drinking plenty of water. Make sure you drink at least 8 cups of water per day. Drinking water helps flush out toxins from our bodies. It helps boost our metabolism and breaks down food easier.
2. Apply your sunscreen, always make it a habit to put your sunscreen before leaving the house. Put it in your bag, so you can reapply if needed. Sunscreen helps prevent sun burn and skin cancer.
3. Be active: Now that the weather is nice, we have no excuse not to be active. Go for walks, a bike ride , take a hike. Take advantage of the weather and be outdoors as much as possible.
4. Eat healthy. Be aware of the types of foods you are eating. Make sure you are having a balanced diet. Meal planning helps, plan your meals ahead of time.
5. Do spring cleaning. Refer back to my article about
spring cleaning tips for more details.