Tomorrow is the holy month of Ramadan where muslims around the globe fast from sunrise to sunset. You are not able to eat and drink during those times. This month is more than just starving the body it is about connecting to our creator. Giving back in charity and bettering ourselves. It is a spiritual month where we examine our lives and try to better ourselves. We go on a journey to reflect on the past year and try to see how we can improve our life and the life’s of others.
Fasting is beneficial for the body and soul. However some people could develop unhealthy eating habits. Therefore I will give you some tips to have a healthy Ramadan.
1. Make sure you consume lots of liquids after you break your fast.
2. Eat foods that are rich in nutrients.
3. Try to refrain from oily foods.
4. Make sure you take your multivitamins.
5. Eat foods with lots of fibre.
6. Always listen to your body and if you have a medical condition, make sure to talk to your medical provider to make sure it is safe to fast.
May this month be filled with joy, love and lots of growth.